History of wall coverings
From the end of the Middle Ages to the beginning of the 18th century, Swedish nobilities and wealthy merchants first used wall coverings. Most of them are cashmere wall coverings, Gobelin tapestry wall coverings, gold-plated leather wall coverings, and velvet satin wall coverings.
Later, the simulation wall covering became popular in the folk and were quite a rage. With the demand for high-grade decorative materials and the improvement of technological level, the wall cloth products with special cloth bases are designed and produced on the basis of wallpaper, and have been widely used by customers since they appeared on the market. The appearance of wall covering has added new products to the wall covering materials.
People began to use rice paper to decorate the walls back in 200 BC.
Seamless wall covering is another innovation for in 21st century.
Introduction to wall covering
Wall covering is also called “wall cloth”. It is the fabric pasted on the wall. Polyester fiber is used as the base fabric, and printed or embossed on the base fabric, and also woven with large jacquard. Most of the patterns are geometric figures and floral figures.
- English name
- Wall coverings
- Fabric pasted on the wall
- Other name
- Wall cloth
Features of wall covering
Visual comfort, soft touch, a little sound insulation, high ventilation, good affinity
- Yarn wall covering: the pattern and color are formed by different styles of yarn or thread;
- Weaving wall covering: plain weave, jacquard fabric and non-woven fabric;
- Flocking wall covering: the short fiber is implanted into the base paper to produce an excellent flannel effect;
- Functional wall covering: Treating textiles and cotton with nanotechnology and nano materials, and weaving cotton into needle-punched cotton as the bottom layer of the wall covering, so that the surface layer of the cloth and the underlying needle-punched cotton are both flame retardant, heat-insulating, sound absorption, sound insulation, antibacterial, anti-mildew, waterproof, oil-proof, anti-fouling, dust-proof and anti-static;
Classification of wall covering
Cloth is a common surface material of wall covering. Wall coverings are classified according to the base material, which can be roughly divided into four categories:
- Cloth surface paper base
- Cloth surface rubber base
- Cloth surface pulp base
- Cloth surface needle-punched cotton base
Classified by function:
- Flame retardant wall covering
- Anti-static wall covering
- Anti-mildew wall covering
- Anti-fouling wall covering
- Waterproof and oil-proof wall covering
- Multi-functional wall covering
- Seamless wall covering
Four Reasons “Why” our Wall Coverings are becoming so popular
- Seamless paste: Our premium Seamless Wall coverings with a luxurious finished that covers the entire wall, from 2.8 to 3.3 meters height that avoids any gaps or any obvious visual unbalance.
- Environmentally friendly: The fabric used for seamless wall covering is an absolutely environmentally friendly material that is non-toxic and harmless to the human body. Volatile gases such as formaldehyde and benzene produced by wall paint will not appear in the renovation. The environmental protection indicators meet the requirements of the national interior renovation regulations and can be accommodated on the day of construction.
- Breathable, mildew proof and anti-corrosive: Seamless wall covering is a fiber fabric. It has good air permeability and excellent anti-mildew property through special treatment. It is waterproof, anti-fouling, mildew-proof and oil-proof, and is not easy to mold and rot. The seamless wall covering discharges the moisture inside the wall through tiny pores, preventing the mold from falling off and durable.
- Wear-resistant wall: Pasted on the wall, just like adding a soft steel mesh to the entire wall to increase the wall surface to prevent cracking of the wall surface and achieve wall leveling effect.
- Easy to care: The seamless wall covering is oil-proof, anti-fouling and waterproof after special process. It can be scrubbed with a wet towel to keep the wall bright and tidy.
- Rich color: Seamless wall covering is in strict accordance with washable and high standards of sunlight resistance. Under normal conditions, the color of the wall covering can be ensured without fading.
- Good suction and sound insulation: Due to the uneven texture of the surface of the seamless wall covering, it can diffuse, soak and softly reflect the sound waves, making it sound fast, low echo, sound absorption and silence, so it has good sound insulation effect.
- Wide range of applications: Whether it is used in high-end hotels, restaurants, bars, KTV, office buildings and other public places, or for home villas, ordinary residential decoration and renovation, this product has a strong vitality.
- Simple application: The application is relatively simple, two or one person can also construct, the speed is much faster than the wallpaper. In addition, this product has the advantage that it is especially suitable for the renovation of old walls. If the old latex paint needs to be refurbished due to many years of use, as long as the wall surface is not loose and loose, there is no need to shovel the wall skin, but directly on the old wall surface. Yes. It saves you from the dust caused by the renovation and the troubles caused by moving the furniture, saving you time, effort and worry.
Disadvantages: a little bit expensive, the loss is slightly large.
Wall covering that can be kissed
The multi-functional wall covering uses woven fabric as the surface material. After nanotechnology treatment, wall covering always has antibacterial and anti-mildew function. It has a better ventilation performance and higher moisture-proof performance. It is a wall covering that really breathes. If the wall surface has a high humidity, the wall can be drained through the tiny holes to prevent the wall covering from being moldy.
The antibacterial sterilization rate of the international SGS is 99.9%, and the mildew resistance reaches the first level index. It was confirmed by the Antibacterial Industry Branch of the Industrial Enterprise Management Association of the Ministry of Health. With it, your home will always maintain a true sense of well-being.
With the advanced design and the softness of the cotton, wall covering can effectively reduce the damage caused by accidental bumping, especially to effectively protect the wall and the exposed corners. It is like wearing a protective clothing on the wall.